Denim Lunch Bag DIY Tutorial
Tired of mistaking your lunch bag for someone else’s? Make your own! Our denim designer’s came up with a crafty solution using an old denim pant leg. And it’s easy… We swear.
Old Denim Pant Leg (& make sure to wash it one last time!)
Children’s Thin Belt
Heavy Top Stitch Thread
Sewing Machine (optional)
1. Cut pant leg (approx. 18″ in length from the bottom).
2. Use chalk to mark 1″ squares in the corners of the pant & then cut.
3. Turn inside out & use sewing machine (or hand sew) with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
4. After the end is sewn, pinch the corners.
5. Pin the corners & sew again to create a “T” shape.
6. Turn inside out, again!
7. Fold the bottom of the pant leg over (roughly a 4″ fold over).
8. Take the leather piece and cut to the length that is needed to fit the belt through the loop.
9. Use push pin to make holes on each side of the leather loophole.
10. Use chalk to mark the location for leather loopholes. Then sew down on each side (make sure to sew through just one layer of the denim).
11. Feed belt through the loopholes.
[Share your denim lunch bag DIY’s with us on Pinterest!]