Women’s cargo pants outfits have been popular fashion staples over the years. This season is no exception, with black cargo pants and green cargo pants particularly on-trend. What's more, the sky is the limit when it comes to different styles you can accomplish when adding cargo pants to your attire. Cute outfits with cargo pants, laid-back ensembles, stylish fashion combos, and sexy cargo pants outfits are all within possibility.
In this article, we’ll take a look at a range of women’s cargo pants outfit ideas you must try and give you our top hints and tips on the best women’s tops to wear with cargo pants, what to wear with green cargo pants, and how to style black cargo pants.
What Tops to Wear with Cargo Pants
The old school rules are out the window when it comes to how to style cargo pants. Women’s clothing ranges are now so flexible and flamboyant that you you can mix and match cargo pants outfits to suit virtually any occasion, whether formal or casual.
We know what you’re thinking: “I could never get away with wearing cargo pants to work.” Well, think again. You can totally wear a pair of comfy cargos without raising eyebrows at the office. Here’s how.
Nude, tan, or black cargo pants outfits are typically the best for work environments. When paired with the right top or jacket, your cargos take on a more formal and businesslike appearance, making long meetings and your time spent at your desk way more comfortable – without compromising on style or getting pulled up by the HR department! Our favorite women’s tops to wear with cargo pants at work are:
- A blouse – This season’s line of women’s shirts come in various cuts, patterns, and styles that can liven up any smart pair of cargo pants.
- A chic top – Combining a dressier top with a pair of fitted cargo pants creates a professional look that hits the perfect balance between casual and clubby.
- A buttoned shirt – A classic white buttoned shirt goes particularly well with a pair of tapered tan cargos.
- A lightweight sweater – The pastel shades of pink, blue, yellow, green, and lavender that are dominating this season add just the right amount of femininity when coupled with a pair of dressy cargo pants.
- An oversized blazer – The perfect accompaniment to a stylish shirt to give your cargos an air of chic.
- A fitted jacket – Combining the leisurely appeal of a pair of cargos with the luxury vibe of a smart fitted jacket is a winner every time.
Any of these options paired with the right belt, heels, bag, and accessories will revolutionize your work wardrobe!
Many women’s cargo pants outfits are deemed casual looks. But that doesn’t mean you have to look dull or boring. You can still wear your cargos with a hoody and baseball cap on lazy days when comfort is your main priority. However, you can do so much more with a pair of cargos than you might think. Here are our favorite women’s tops to wear with cargo pants for a killer casual vibe:
- A crop top – Fitted crop tops filter out the baggy look and add definition to your waist and torso. White crop tops look particularly good with cargos. T-shirts, cami tops, and strapless numbers are all viable options.
- A graphic T-shirt – Graphic t’s are a great way to make a statement and bring some individuality and flair to your cargo pants outfits. Distressed t-shirts, in particular, are a popular option.
- An off-the-shoulder shirt – Cargo pants have a reputation for looking a bit masculine, but pairing with an off-the-shoulder shirt or blouse adds a distinctive feminine touch.
- A denim jacket – For an edgier look, a denim jacket adds an element of street style, especially when paired with a monochromatic color scheme underneath.
- A baggy sweater – An oversized sweater enables you to max out on the comfort factor while adding a more chic element to your look than wearing a regular hoody or jumper – especially when you pair one with some stylish sunglasses.
- A bright shirt – Because cargos typically come in limited colors, bright shirts are a great way to add personality and flair.
What to Pair with Green Cargo Pants
Being closest in design to the original military pants that made cargos famous in the first place, green cargos give off an effortlessly outdoorsy vibe. But that doesn’t mean they’re only suited for a rugged look. With careful planning and pairing, green cargos can be transformed into suit a range of styles. Here are a few factors to consider when deciding what to wear with green cargo pants.
Shirt length – Because greens (and darker greens in particular) tend to be considered more serious colors, you’ll need to play around with the length of your tops to make them more fun. Shorter crops and fitted tank tops keep with the original army style, while adding an undeniable element of sex appeal.
Color combinations – It’s harder to hit the right color balance with green pants than with blacks and greys. Neutral colored tops in black, white, navy, or beige are usually safe bets. However, plaid flannel shirts also look great with green cargos if you want to mix it up a bit and stand out from the crowd.
Accessories – The more you accessorize, the farther you move away from the stereotype of green cargos being boring or dull. Fedoras and floppy-brimmed hats, leather bags and satchels, and chunky gold jewelry all suit a variety of skinny and tapered green cargo cuts.
How to Dress in Black Cargo Pants
The best thing about black cargo pants is that they go with pretty much everything in your wardrobe. The biggest question for cargo lovers is how to keep outfits looking fresh and contemporary, rather than a blast from the past. Some of the famous faces rocking outfits with black cargo pants recently include Billie Eilish, Kaia Gerber, and Rihanna. We can learn a lot from their styles and adapt our outfits to match their edgy vibes.
Mixing fits – We’re not saying that baggy tops paired with loose-fit black cargos are a hard no. However, some of the trendiest black cargo pants outfits revolve around finding a balance in fit between your top and bottom half. For example, loose fit, voluminous black cargo pants look fantastic with a waist-cinching top. Whereas figure-hugging, tapered black cargos look more glamorous with an oversized shirt, flowing blouse, or chic dress top.
Fabric choice – Modern black cargos come in a range of fabrics that can be adapted to suit any look. For example, black denim cargos with a classic pair of sneakers, chunky Chelsea boots, or punk boots create a distinctly grungy vibe. If you’re looking to compile cute outfits with black cargo pants, then silky fabrics are the way forward – ideally paired with a high-heeled boot or sandal.
Experiment with color – The best way to avoid looking drab and fading into the crowd is to incorporate splashes of color into your outfit. Whether that’s a vibrant shirt, a pair of neon combat boots, some quirky accessories, or a brightly colored jacket depends on your own personal style and flair, but the options are almost endless.
Shop for the Best Trends Today With UNIONBAY
At UNIONBAY, we’re committed to clothing that is comfortable, imaginative, and flexible. It’s important to us that customers can use their own creativity to build various styles and show off their sense of flair.
Shop for the best women’s cargo pants outfit today! This season’s range offers a selection of pants for women, women's jeans, women’s uniform pants and capris for women in various colors and styles. From tailored cuts to classic, comfortable fits, our contemporary range provides flexibility and value without sacrificing on style.